The following report outlines the activities and issues addressed by the Administrator of the Village of North Baltimore. Submitted by Kathy J. Healy
1. Prepared the tree planting plan for the south side of the Village this month. We will be planting 104 trees.
2. Distributed new Health Insurance packets to employees since we took advantage of early enrollment. Also looking at some voluntary workplace programs to add to the benefit package, if feasible.
3. Continuing to prepare records retention schedules for each department.
4. Prepared list of grants that we are eligible to apply for in 2014 and the amounts for budget purposes.
5. Responded to citizens’ concerns regarding property maintenance and zoning issues.
6. Preparing a list of assessments and agreements the Village invoices for services.
7. Working on lists of memberships and contracts the Village is engaged in and dates of expiration for further study.
8. Completed 30 hour OSHA Safety Course for general industry standards.
FINANCE AND TECHNOLOGY
1. Reviewing expenditures with Finance Officer and Chairman for 2014 Village budget.
Working on list of records that can be destroyed and compiling list for Bureau of Archives.
3. Preparing the last of the adjustments to the budget and expenditures for the clean-up ordinance for the year end..
Preparing roster of new public officials for the new codifications of past legislation.
1. Village crews are trying to repair several heaters that are not working in order to avoid purchasing new units.
2. Andy is continuing to work diligently to provide estimates for residents who want to participate in the Village financed lateral program.
3. Contractor is continuing to work on maintenance issues and preparing for lateral work on the Phase 2 sewer separation project.
4. Reviewing potential projects for Issue I funding for 2015.
1. Reviewing the indigent burial policy and costs associated with that procedure.
2. Contacted a structural engineer to review quotes on Village Hall roof and also Street pole barn roof repair/replacement.
3. Tree removals are complete with the exception of stump grinding.
4. 2013 Street and Alley Paving project is complete.
5. Preparing advertisement for farming lease of land adjacent to the New Maplewood Cemetery.
1. Met with Choice One Engineering to review the Safe Routes to Schools Travel Plan information.
2. Waiting on delivery of new fire truck.
3. Replaced sidewalk belonging to CSX on Broadway St. Will assess the cost to their property taxes per their request.
4. Preparing agenda items for public forum for Safe Routes to Schools grant application.