I happened to be home Tuesday, on the first day of school in North Baltimore. After taking traditional first-day-of-school photos of the 5 of my wonderful grandchildren who started back to school, I headed home for a little catching up, both on theNBXpress and on the homefront. I noticed I had some bananas on the verge of over ripeness, so I decided to turn them into muffins in time for the young’uns to enjoy as an after-school snack.
I delivered them right after the kids had all gotten home from classes. They were still warm, freshly baked with a mild banana aroma.
I guess they liked them pretty well because they were gone before you could say “I got my first detention already”
You might want to give them a try yourself.
After School Oh My Gosh Muffins
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 1 1/2 cups sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
cup mashed banana (3 medium)
• 1/4 cup sour cream
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used ½ c. mini-chips and ½ c. chopped pecans)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 24 muffin cups or use paper liners.
2. In a bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla. Mix in banana and sour cream. Stir in the eggs. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix dry ingredients into the banana mixture until evenly moist. Fold in chocolate chips. Transfer batter to the prepared muffin cups, filling each cup about 3/4 full
3. Bake 15-18 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
(p.s. NONE of the little rascals did get detention............................yet)